Lightweight travel clothes do not mean only to reduce the weight of your backpack or suitcase, this particular term also indicates the matter of comfort and suitability. People prefer to feel relaxed and comfortable when they travel, this is a simple truth and we all know this. One or two days trip in local are is different, because you understand the local climate; maybe you can complete your packing with a few hours in hand. But the same is not true, if you are on a long trip away from home, especially for overseas destinations. No matter, whether you a frequent backpacker or first time ‘away from home’ traveler, perfect packing of your backpack or suitcase will offer you the ultimate comfort and joyful adventure.
Whatever the destination is, mountain or sea beach or desert or forest, climate-wise selection of perfect clothes will put you to comfort zone during your trip. You’ll suffer if your travel clothes are not comfortable for a certain destination. I always include breathable, easy-drying, temperature-regulating but of course lightweight travel clothes in my rucksack.
This article will introduce some exclusive suggestions on lightweight travel clothes for women, and I think these will be very helpful to female travelers to enjoy hassle-free hours during their trip.
Why Choose Lightweight Travel Clothes for Women?
Many people often initiate their packing for even long travel at the very last moment; either due to other busy schedules, or careless mind. Without any proper plan, people start to gather clothes and accessories and start packaging in a hurry. Even, I was among them in my early days. This practice spoiled my vacation, I suffered, and learn the lesson to manage my backpack.
The major awful situations arise due to unplanned packaging are as follows:
- Travel bag gets fulfilled long before the installation of all the essentials you gathered in the last few hours because you have chosen all heavy and bulkier clothes and accessories for your trip.
- Under such circumstances, you need to add an extra bag to include all the required accessories.
- Often the travel bags become too heavy to carry; and in reality, we never want our travel bags to be too heavy during travel.
- You can miss out the appropriate clothes for the climate of your destination.
- Choosing of poor fabric may offer you a full day wet filling.
- In case of a wet climate maybe you have to spend a full day in the hotel room, as all of your dresses are weight and those are not made up of quick-drying fabrics.
- You can feel yourself too heavy when you are in trekking; In case you have not chosen a lightweight jacket.
- In ocean trip to the hot climate, you can suffer from discomfort (maybe itchy feelings too), if you have not included temperature-regulating fabrics with anti-microbial properties.
It is much better to accumulate the required clothes early for your next trip, and just keep those in your wardrobe properly. When you pack your backpack in an organized way with lightweight clothes, you will be the gainer.
Let’s explore the climate, situation and category-wise classifications and best picks for lightweight travel clothes for women travelers.
Long Travel in Public Transports
Our travel involves a journey on a bus, train or flight, and this is mandatory for ‘away from home’ tour. In addition, you may experience a long delay in departure of the flight; this may offer you boring hours in the airport. Under such situations, you must prefer to be comfortable with the best quality breathable, looser fit and smart looking, as well as lightweight clothes; and think what happens if those are not available in your backpack.
- Breathable, moisture-absorbing and lightweight fabrics are the best choices for travel in public transports. For some breathable and lightweight travel clothes for women offering the smart look, you can check out: tunics manufactured by Sarin Mathews , Iwollence, Meow Meow Lace; t-shirts by Opna, Auselily, ultralight fitness leggings and supirior jeans leggings in MTA, and pants by Lee etc. ExOfficio offers excellent travel bra with moisture-wicking/evaporating technology, that keeps you cool by adjusting body heat. People from the eastern region can also see tops by Styleville, sleeveless summer dresses by MTA, excellent embroidered ans printed tops by Elyraa, MTA long sleeve cotton shirt, long sleeve tunic, etc.
- Wrinkle resistance clothes are not 100% wrinkle free, but resist wrinkle to some extent than other dresses and at the same time offer you comfort. These type of dresses are quite useful if you in a long journey and do not wish to change your clothes before reaching the destination. Suggestion for the best wrinkle resistance lightweight travel clothes for female travelers are, Port Authority Ladies Silk Touch Polo, Dickies Women’s stain resistant Slim fit Pant. To see lightweight wrinkle resistance pullover made by merino wool click here.
Hot Climate and Ocean Side
In the season of summer or spring, it is wonderful to visit in the islands or ocean side. Your backpack must be fulfilled with a number of common summer dresses, but there few are lightweight clothing available in the market which will provide you with the ultimate comfortable feelings.
- Breathable Dresses are always recommended for the hot climate. Best beach based lightweight travel clothes for women has been recommended below. All these clothes will offer you a relaxed feeling if you are in a beachside located at a relatively hot climate. Our recommendation for breathable beachside female clothes are, casual beach summer mini, Women’s midi, by MTA, midi dresses by Angashion, iconic luxe, casual dresses by Nanfangli, Maxi dresses from Azalosie, Lilbetter, Angashion, and Lightweight beach casuals and bohemian beach maxi by MTA.
- Merino wool is an amazingly lightweight fabric which not only keeps you warm in cold season but also provides you cool feeling in hot summer. It is itch-free, cottony soft and capable to resist the growth of fungus and bacteria. I and my family always include this fabric in my travel accessories. As per our experiences the best merino wool products for women travelers are, t-shirt by WoolX Addie; dress by SmartWool; bra by Ibex, Icebreaker Merino, SmartWool; panties/ briefs by EcoAble Apparel, baselayer crews by Meriwool, bottom by Minus33 .
- Hemp is another excellent fabric with anti-bacterial properties, which can regulate temperature alike merino wool. This is our other favorite fabric to feel great comfort in either a hot or cold climate. To know more about magical hemp fabric click here.
- Quick-drying fabric is very essential if you are on the ocean side, rivers, and waterfalls because you have to play with the water and swim repeatedly. For your trip, quick-drying swimsuit or Bikini, Suimsuit cover-up and shorts are a must-have thing in your backpack. Nowadays much quick-drying fabric is available in the market, and to check out highly recommended quick-drying clothes click here.
- Summer or winter, ocean or hilltop, jeans are required on every occasion. Even though your trip is at hot climate, you must have to carry at least a pair or three-piece of jeans to attend nearby bar or restaurant or other places, where you should not look like a backpacker. During our trips, I and my family prefer some stretchable, buttery soft, quick-drying jeans in our backpacks which provide ultimate comfort and lightweight too. To explore some low cost lightweight female jeans you can visit here.
- Besides, it is a good idea to include a good quality lightweight jacket in your travel backpack. Few high quality lightweight female jackets are disclosed here.
Cold Climate and Mountain Trip
People often think heavier the clothes warmer it feels. During travel involving trekking in the mountain, few people often fail to manage the weight of their rucksack. Nowadays many companies launch very lightweight clothes which provide high comfort in cold destinations and at the same time reduce the weight of the rucksack.
- Lightweight jackets for cold-climate are the most important clothing accessories for trekking through the mountain (really cold). People often think heavy and bulky jackets restrict cold much better. But, nowadays this is a totally wrong concept! Many companies marketed lightweight jacket made by high-quality feather, which keep you sufficient warm feelings, sometimes even warmer than bulkier stuff. Some best lightweight jackets for women are given above.
- Hiking and travel pants are must-have travel clothing accessories if you are towards the mountain. Your trip may be organized with trekking, waterfall visiting or river rafting, these hiking pants are ready to face every challenge. They are hardy enough though lightweight, water repellent or quick-drying. Click here for best quality hiking and travel pants for women which will also keep you backpack lighter.
- Other lightweight stuff for mountain trip such as lightweight rain jackets, quick-drying clothes, water-resistant socks etc. are described in the section below. These clothing accessories are equally essential in a cold and wet climate, as rain, waterfall etc. are common in both regions.
Wet Climate and Monsoon Destination
If your next tour plan is in wet climates or in monsoon destination you need to carry lightweight quick-drying fabrics or clothes with water repellent properties and lightweight rain jacket instead of bulky rain gear.
- Quick-drying clothes are made up of innovative fabrics and which are available in the market nowadays. These are very useful in wet climate as you can get those in dry condition within only a few hours after a wash, and thus you never need to wait a full day in a hotel for wet clothes, and of course, these are made by lightweight materials to let you feel comfortable in your travel. Besides these fabrics provide you anti-microbial and UV-ray resistance properties. Quick-dry clothes are not only useful in a wet climate, but they are equally useful in cold climate and ocean trip. See the above link for quick drying clothes for some of the good quality quick-drying lightweight travel clothes for women, including dresses, tunics, pants, leggings.
- Importance of hiking and travel pants are already described in the earlier section which is equally useful in monsoon weather. You can click the above link to revisit.
- Lightweight rain jackets are one of the most important clothing accessories if you are traveling in monsoon. There are some ultra-light rain jackets which take minimum place in your rucksack though offer excellent water repellent property. Just forget about bulky and heavy rain gear and click here to view the best lightweight rain jackets for women.
- Water resistant socks are very useful one for rainy season which offers you hassle-free hours in the monsoon climate. When you have at least one pair of such socks in your backpack, you need not hike with wet feet for hours, even though rainfall occur frequently there. This is a great alternative of bulky hiking boots and thus makes your backpack much lighter.
The present author shared some experiences which have been gathered together with family and friends while traveled to several destinations. This time the effort to explore the knowledge of lightweight travel clothes for women will become successful if female travelers found this helpful, and as per experience, they should be helpful.
It is much appreciated if you share your insight in the comment box below.
Thank you for your kind attention.
Wish you a Happy journey.
By profession, Ms. Subhra is a Biology teacher in high school. She loves teaching and exploring new discoveries in science.
In real life, she is a passionate traveler, and whenever she gets a vacation she packs her suitcases and backpacks and walks out to explore the beautiful world.
However, her story doesn’t end up here only. She loves to share her travel experiences creating amazing articles. Do you know why?
She actually loves to help people by sharing her travel story. Her goal is to let people enjoy what she did. In her articles, she explores everything (goods and bads) explaining how to enjoy a place, where to stay, how to reach, what are the ideal accessories, etc.
Enjoy her Blogs.