What to Bring for A Beach Vacation – Checklist Included
My love with the blue will never end. Rhythmic beauty of the unstoppable waves always drive me to a world of fantasy. Alike me, everyday thousands of people heading towards the blue paradise; few loves to spend relaxed hours during the endless summer, few feels deep attraction towards water adventure. Sea beach is one of the most popular destination for the people of every age. If you are heading towards the coastal destination during your next vacation, then let’s have a gossip here.
With my gained experiences from numbers of beach trips with family and friends, I am here to help beach dear travelers. This article will also introduce a checklist for a beach vacation. I shall be more than happy if you found the article helpful, and always remember the checklist, and never forget what to bring for a beach vacation.
Are you still thinking what to bring for a beach vacation ?
To enjoy the hassle-free hours in the paradise with your family and friends in your next holiday, probably you are trying to pack your suitcase perfectly. But still you are not satisfied. Are you still thinking what to bring for a beach vacation ? Your thought might be like that, “Am I forgetting something” ?
This article is providing the detailed description of the essential accessories for your beach vacation, and you’ll also be provided a checklist for your trip to the paradise at the end. I guess, this detailing and the checklist will never let you forget something in your next beach vacations.
So let’s discuss in detail below, category-wise.
Clothing Accessories – His and Her
Instead of describing general clothes, we are interested to explore something different, some special clothes which will be useful typically for beach trip. Required general clothes has been detailed in the checklist.
- Quick-drying fabrics: This type of fabrics are excellent pick for your trip in coastal region. Activities within water is often very frequent in beach side, and under such condition quick-drying fabrics may offer you, a fully wet to 100% dry cloth within few hours.
- Special temperature regulating fabrics: Merino wool and Hemp are two wonderful fabrics which keep you cool in hot climate and also provide you warm feelings in cold environment. Moreover, they have anti-bacterial properties and also very lightweight. We always consider two sets of those as essential travel accessories.
- Rash guard swimsuit: Rash guard swimsuit offers UV protection, moreover they protect you from the rash caused by surfing or water sports. It is recommended to keep at least one rash guard swimsuit in your backpack when you are visiting sea beach.
- Shorts or 3/4 pants: A pair of shorts (for him & her) and 3/4 pants with multi pocket (for him) are most common things, and you should not forget them if your destination is ocean side.
- Bikini/Swimsuit : You must have to spend in water for hours every day as you are heading towards the coast. It is better to keep at least two swimsuits with you, so that you can always get one in fully dry condition anytime. Swimsuits may be used for several activities that includes swimming, surfing, kite surfing, or even to play beach volley.
- Swimsuit cover-up: After long time in water, it is not healthy to stay bare with your wet swimsuit. Sea breeze are not good for wet skin. Rather, it is healthy (and also stylish) to wear a swimsuit cover-up and let the body dry.
- Beach towel: Yes, it is very common, but steal a knock for your reminder.
- Sundress (for her): If you are in the beach during summer you must have a pair of casual sundress which offer you ultimate relax as well as feminine look. These are lightweight, made by light cotton and loose fit.
- Maxidress (for her): In the evening of your beach trip it is wonderful to join the sea-side gossip or enjoy drinks at beach view bar in a maxi dress. Maxi dresses let you feel free and offer feminine look.
- Loose fitting pants: In the beach side we prefer to wear loose fitting pants rather than jeans. These are very lightweight and comfortable.
Feet Care Accessories – His and Her
- Flip flops: Flip flops or sandals are most comfortable footwear in sea beach, which I forgot to bring during my first beach side trip. I had to buy a pair from local shop and felt very uncomfortable throughout the trip. I never ever forget to consider this in my back pack.
- Water shoes: We often love to have a running/jogging session in the early morning when breezy beach side offers a healthy environment. A pair of sports water shoes must recommended in your travel bag, if you like morning jog. They’ll protect your feet from the hidden particles in the beach sand. Besides wet sand or sea wave will fail to contact your feet.
- Water resistant socks: If you carry 1-2 pairs of water resistant shocks, it’ll be excellent. You can spend long hassle-free hours even if sea wave splash on your feet. However, keep in mind, water resistant does not mean 100% waterproof, but these are much better than normal.
- Sunglasses: It is recommended to consider only high quality sun glass for your beach trip, because UV ray is not healthy at all for your eyes. High quality glasses protect your eyes from UV-rays properly.
- Sun Hat : A stylish sun hat is a good pick if you are heading towards beach side, especially if you are planning for a picnic or weekend trip. For long trip it is recommended to have a folding hat which will take minimum place in your backpack.
- Sunscreen lotion: Use good quality sunscreen lotion to protect your skin from UV ray.
- Beach Umbrella: You can carry a beach umbrella in your car if you are in a weekend trip or a picnic to nearby sea beach.
- Beach tents: For long trip you can not carry a beach tent always. But for weekend trip or for a get-together party to nearby coastal area, this is a perfect pick. You can easily carry it in your car. I know how amazing it is to spend a night in a tent under the sky full of stars, into the sounds of the waves.
- Beach tents for babies: This is a must have item for weekend trip if you have an infant with you. UV ray is too dangerous for infant skin. To protect your baby from UV-ray, hot sun, sea breeze, this is a perfect pick. However, it also offers a safety place for baby’s nap and feed.
Related topics: Beach Tents for Babies – Keep UV ray away from little baby
There are few important items which people often forget to put in their backpack. Few hotels provide some of these, but not all, especially if you a staying in a home stay or wooden beach villa then you have to manage all of these by yourself. So, never forget to take these items.
- Body wash / Soap
- Saving cream/gel
- Wipe to remove make up
Cosmetics and Related Accessories – for Her
Following are the essential cosmetics and accessories if you are in a trip. You must load these in your backpack.
- Face moisturizer
- Deodorant (For his and her)
- Feminine wash products
- Hair brush / comb (For his and her)
- Hair Dryer
- Hair ties and hair clips
- Hair gel
- Safety pins
- Insect repellent (For his and her)
- Medicated ointment (For All)
- Sanitary Napkin
Following cosmetics are required if, (1) you are interested in wonderful self photography, or (2) wish to attend a party during your trip, or (3) wish to have a different look in evening.
- Lip stick
- Lip Moisturizer
- Nail polish
- Nail polish remover
- Eye liner
- Eye shadow and eyebrow pallet
- Make up set
Must for people with power glasses
This is my very own experience to lose an optical glass during a trip in coastal region. The waves were wicked that day, and I was in the sea with my power glasses. I lost the glasses by a sudden attack of the wave, and two full days were spoiled without my glasses (I have high power optical glass). Luckily, I had my eye prescription with me, which let me get new power glasses, but unfortunately received after two days. Since then, I never forget to keep at least 2 optical glasses with me when I travel for any trip. I also keep 3 pairs of contact lenses (use and throw) which allow me to experience comfort and style of sunglasses. So, it is suggested to keep the following items in your backpack, especially if you are heading towards coastal destination.
- Optical glasses (2 sets)
- Contact lenses (3 pair – preferably use and throw)
- Contact lenses case
- Contact solution
- Prescription Eye Glasses
Fun and Activities
Scuba and deep sea diving, snorkeling, surfing are exciting water games, people often like to enjoy during their trip to the coastal area.
- Wet suits: You can keep a set of wet suit in you luggage if you love water adventures like surfing and scuba diving.
- Snorkel Gear: Fins, mask and snorkel gear may be included in your travel accessories if you fond of ocean adventures. These will fit easily in your suitcase.
- Hammocks: To feel relaxed in the palm beach you can carry a hammock with you.
- Floater and floatables: These are mainly for your children. They may not be good swimmers, and can float with these in the cool sea. However, seniors also enjoy floating in a big floater stuff and have selfies. I have seen them in many sea beaches.
- Kid toys: If you have kids you should take some toys with you.
- Kayak: If you are heading to the coast in weekend trip by your car then you can have a kayak with you. These are very interesting things.
Electronics and Related Accessories
- Dry bag: Use it in every tour to save your expensive electronics.
- Go pro / Underwater digital camera : My favorite camcorder was destroyed by the salty sea water. Since then, I carry fully waterproof digital camera to use within beach. Now my memories are safe forever, neither water nor sand can effect them. So, it is suggested to keep waterproof digital camera for your beach side trip.
- Waterproof phone case: Once again, I am sharing my early days experiences here. In a pleasant afternoon we went to visit an island just beside the mainland. To visit the island we crossed a tiny water flow which connected the back water to the sea. Water level was far below our keens. However, in the late evening when we were returning, the high tide appeared and the level of water increase a lot. We were stunned and afraid, though finally got back to the mainland with totally wet dresses. Unfortunately we forgot about the mobile phones which already died inside the pant pocket. To keep your mobile safe under such situations, you must have a waterproof phone case with you. This is vital accessories for your beach trip.
- Float strap for electronic device: This will save your electronics from sinking below to the sea water.
- Waterproof Bluetooth speaker: Bluetooth speakers are very useful tool to enjoy any travel, especially when you are with your partner(s)/group. I always keep one speaker with me and it offers a lot of enjoyment during journey, beach party, camp fire, everywhere. However, it is recommended to have a waterproof Bluetooth speaker, especially for beach trip.
- Portable power bank: The importance of this tool during travel is known to all, this is just a reminder.
Following items are not recommended for long trip or world tour backpackers. But for beach side picnic or a week end trip this are crucial items. You can carry then in your car.
- Portable Cooler
- Cooler bag
- beach mat
- Beach chair
- Beach bag
There is a checklist below explaining what to bring for a beach vacation. This may help you a lot.
Hotel confirmation, transport conformations, driving licenses, passport, holiday insurance etc. are some very important document for your long vacation which needs to remember always. To know details about ‘holiday insurance’ you can visit here.
We are here to help travelers with our gained experiences. We tried to create a unique article namely ‘What to Bring for a Beach Vacation’ and offered the best checklists especially for family and couple travelers. We expect no traveler to fill discomfort in their trip if they follow the tips.
Please suggest if we have missed something.
It is much appreciated, if you kindly share your insight in the comment box below (don’t worry, this is not mandatory).
Thank you for your visit here.
Best wishes for your next trip.
For Direct Access On What To Bring For A Beach Vacation, Check Out This Great Site Which Offers Perfect Accessories And Clothes For Your Next Beach Vacation!
Lightweight travel clothes do not mean only to reduce the weight of your backpack or suitcase, this particular term also indicates the matter of comfort and suitability. People prefer to feel relaxed and comfortable when they travel, this is a simple truth and we all know this. One or two days trip in local are...
Due to a great number benefits of hemp clothing, it becomes one of the popular fabric to the mankind nowadays. Hemp fabric is very much ideal one for the travelers and sports personalities. Being a travel lover, me and my family always include hemp clothes within our clothing accessories, whenever we head for a trip....